Nikon Digital SLR camera D800/D800E New Release
In addition to a new Nikon FX-format CMOS image sensor and the new EXPEED 3 image-processing engine, specifically optimized for Nikon digital SLR cameras, the D800 is equipped with a new 91K-pixel (approximately 91,000 pixels) RGB sensor that supports the Advanced Scene Recognition System with its noteworthy advances in scene recognition performance. The camera is also equipped with a number of new functions, including Multi-area mode Full HD D-Movie that enables movie recording using either the FX-based movie format or the DX-based movie format.
For users who demand an even greater sense of definition, Nikon also releases the D800E, a model that offers increased resolution for images with more dimension.
D800 Primary Features
- New Nikon FX-format CMOS image sensor
- New 91K-pixel RGB sensor for the more accurate Advanced Scene Recognition System
- Multi-area mode Full HD D-Movie for movie recording using one of two movie formats
- Viewfinder frame coverage of approximately 100%*1 and a lightweight and durable water- and dust-resistant body
- Support for high-speed continuous shooting and a variety of battery types with the Multi-Power Battery Pack MB-D12 (optional)
- Other D800 Functions and Features a 51-point AF system for improved subject acquisition and focus performance under dim lighting. In addition, 11 focus points (five at center with an addition three to each side) are fully functional when lenses with a maximum aperture of f/8 are used.
- A 3.2-inch, approximately 921k-dot LCD monitor with reinforced glass, automatic monitor brightness control, and wide viewing angle
- A virtual horizon that shows the degree to which the camera is tilted sideways (roll), or forward or backward (pitch) with display in the monitor and viewfinder
- A new shutter unit that has passed testing for 200,000 cycles and supports a maximum shutter speed of 1/8000 s and flash sync speed of 1/250 s
- Continuous shooting at 4 (FX-format/5 : 4 image area) or 5 (DX-format/1.2x image area) fps
- CompactFlash and SD dual memory card slots
- Support for SuperSpeed USB (USB 3.0)